2A:33-22.  Seizure of property locked up;  breaking and entering
    When property is removed by a tenant and put in any place locked up, fastened or otherwise secured, to prevent the said property from being distrained for arrears of rent, the landlord, first calling to his assistance a  constable or peace officer, who shall aid and assist therein, may, in the daytime, break open and enter the place, and distrain the said property for the  arrears of rent as he might have done if the said property had been put in an  open place.

    If the place where the said property is secured is a dwelling house, oath shall first be made before some judge or magistrate, of a reasonable ground to suspect that the said property is therein.
   L.1951 (1st SS), c.344.